Filtering between fermenters and bottling and dry hopping time

Home Forums Club Forums Brewing Talk Filtering between fermenters and bottling and dry hopping time

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Seth Seth 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

On forums I read not to filter while going from initial to secondary fermentation, however read in Joy Of Homebrewing 3rd ed. he talks about filtering into secondary when you brew with fruit. I just did an APA with green apples, and dry hopped it with Summit Hops. I had a lot of material from the apples and the dry hopping despite my best efforts to let it settle.

Two part question,

1. If I’m doing something non-standard like brewing with fruit or other material should I filter it between fermenters and does this remove my yeast?

2. For dry hopping should I filter it before bottling and also how long should I dry hop for? Again the book said three days but I was reading a couple forum posts and it looks like people on here are doing it for much longer than that.

I should mention that I’m a total noob and this was my very first brew, I jumped headlong into a partial mash and couldn’t help but do the fruit cause I felt like it would compliment the hops nicely.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.