New Site Comments

Home Forums Club Forums Publick House New Site Comments

This topic contains 38 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason L Connor Jason L Connor 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Kunze
    Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new site, please let us know what you like, what you don’t, etc.

Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

Would be nice to investigate settings to control where you land after logging in. Not sure that your personal page is of great use, the forums might be a better spot

Profile photo of Matt Smith
    Matt Smith
    Keymaster

I agree that your personal page is not the best place to land when you log in.  I think either the blog or the forum would be the best place to land.  The blog (News) might be the best place to land since it would force people to see the upcoming events.

Also, I think the Google calendar needs to be more prominent.  Right now I just see the 5 soonest events on the calendar.  It would be good to have a link to the entire calendar and be able to scroll forward several months.  I thought I saw this before, but now I can’t seem to find it.

Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

‘our-blog’ should be renamed to news or events. We should pick which one of the two we like better, and be consistent with it

Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

The forum landing page needs to display more information (recent posts, etc)

Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

this should be a threaded reply

Matt Smith
    Keymaster

Are we going to be able to post pictures in the forum, or will we have to host the pictures somewhere else and just post a link?

Profile photo of Jason L Connor
    Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

It looks like we’ll have to host the pics elsewhere. Which I’m fine with. Picasa and Flickr both have free versions, so it really shouldn’t be a problem.

Flickr link:
    Carbonation lid in action

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

On the Home page, I really like the “Join the Forum” and “Recent News” sections. For the third section, can we put a calendar widget?

Also on the blog link, I actually like “Blog” or maybe “President’s Blog” and then refer to the postings as “Articles”. Just my 2¢

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

I don’t like the fact that you get taken to a page with just your reply or just your comment when you post. I’d prefer to remain on the original forum or article page.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

I’ve messed with the menus, adding links for registering for the forums and for the poetry slam.

I’ve also edited the Join the Club page and the About Us page.

I’d love feeback

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

I’ve added a social media auto-publish plugin that will publish things to Facebook and Twitter. Someone with access needs to configure it.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

BTW, page navigation in the forums kinda sucks.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

I’d love a good picture of Big Brew to put on the About Us page.

Ok, that’s enough for tonight.

Matt Smith
    Keymaster

I really like the links and content you have added so far. I agree that the forum navigation kind of sucks. I was looking for options to change the navigation settings, but I’m not seeing a whole lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.