New Site Comments

Home Forums Club Forums Publick House New Site Comments

This topic contains 38 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason L Connor Jason L Connor 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jason L Connor
    Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

<cite>@hopaholic said:</cite>
    Looks awesome. Tiny thing: “we are makers of beer” marginalized all the mead and wine happening. Maybe it doesn’t come off like that, but there’s some tasty ethanol to be made with no barley at all.
    Navigation is easy. Might could use some more inviting colors, less black.
    Huge improvement!
    😉

Thanks Taylor! We know it’s a little rough around the edges still, but that was to be expected. New tagline suggestions are welcome. I think that was the first thing that popped into Matt’s head when initially setting up the site.

The black is part of the theme, which we, most likely, won’t be editing.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

One thing to note, this site will automatically use Gravatar, if you’ve signed up with the same email address. You can sign up for Gravatar at their website: http://en.gravatar.com/

If you don’t want to use Gravatar, you can upload a custom avatar once you’ve logged in. In the pull-down menu in the upper right corner, click “Edit My Profile”, then on the page it takes you to, click “Change Avatar”. You can upload an image from your computer.

One more thing… Make sure to check out the website on your phone or tablet! The site is fully compatible with mobile devices.

Profile photo of Steve Jones
    Steve Jones
    Participant

Great job on the site Jason and Matt and everyone else involved!

Profile photo of Hermen
    Hermen
    Participant

Awesome site! Much improved and much needed. Thanks to everyone who worked to make it happen.

Cheers!

Profile photo of Matt Smith
    Matt Smith
    Keymaster

@jlconnor said:
    One thing to note, this site will automatically use Gravatar, if you’ve signed up with the same email address. You can sign up for Gravatar at their website: http://en.gravatar.com/

I’m wondering why so many of the avatars look so grainy? Do you think the avatars won’t look so grainy if you use Gravatar? I know Jason and Kunze are using Gravatar and those avatars aren’t nearly as grainy looking as mine.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

I suspect that Matt and I resized our own pictures instead of letting gravatar do it. I don’t remember what resolution I’m rockin’, but recommended values are: 96×96 and/or 64×64.

I also need to do something about the missing ‘gravatar_default’ image which is supposed to be used when they don’t have a gravatar account…

Cheers!

Profile photo of Ted Manahan
    Ted Manahan
    Participant

We need a ticker that scrolls the most recent posts to the forums, or some way to see new activity.

Profile photo of Todd
    Todd
    Participant

Would be nice to have the option to return to a thread in the forum after replying or making a post. Currently have to back out using the web browser.

Also, what’s wrong with the photo art from the previous club web page. Most of the members in the photos are still in the club, plus we look much younger and some of us are quite fetching.

Jason L Connor
    Keymaster

So that posting ugliness was part of the theme I just dumped. When you post on this theme, it centers your new post, but doesn’t hide the rest of the thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.