Sour Beer Party Anyone?

Home Forums Club Forums Brewing Talk Sour Beer Party Anyone?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt Smith Matt Smith 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Smith
    Matt Smith
    Keymaster

Hey all-

Anyone want to get together and drink a bunch of sour beer? I have a sour barrel at home that is in need of some more sour bugs. I would love to use the dregs from some commercial beers. Basically, everyone would bring at least one bottle of sour beer with harvestable dregs. We would all get to taste a bunch of sour beers, and the dregs from the bottles would be used to inoculate the barrel. I’d be glad to give a bottle of the finished beer to anyone who is willing to contribute, assuming the beer ends up tasting okay. I’m tentatively looking at doing this on Saturday, June 8th in the afternoon. Here is an incomplete list of beers with harvestable dregs: http://www.themadfermentationist.com/2010/06/harvesting-sour-beer-bottle-dregs.html
    There are a lot more wild beers available now than when this list was published, but this list is a good starting point. Let me know if you are interested.

Profile photo of Ted Manahan
    Ted Manahan
    Participant

June 8th is the Avery Sourfest – good timing, but I will be in Boulder!

Matt Smith
    Keymaster

I wish I was going to be at Avery that day but I wasn’t able to get a ticket. I think it sold out in less than a minute!

Profile photo of Matt Kunze
    Matt Kunze
    Keymaster

Sounds fun – I’m in

Profile photo of Jesse McConnell
    Jesse McConnell
    Participant

I am in for the 8th.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I need to double check when I’m out of town but count me in for now I will let you know if that changes.

Profile photo of Andy Mitchell
    Andy Mitchell
    Participant

I’m down!

Matt Smith
    Keymaster

Hey guys –

I had some stuff come up and I am not going to be able to have the sour beer party this weekend. I would still like to do it in the future, but I need to postpone it for at least a couple of weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.