Spingo Blue Anchor

Home Forums Club Forums Brewing Talk Spingo Blue Anchor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Todd Todd 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mark hayhurst
    mark hayhurst
    Participant

I am looking for recipes for middle and special the two beers produced at the blue anchor helston cornwall. I’m guessing a combination of maris otter malt, Goldings, possibly fuggles and Crystal (for special) in various quantities but i might be wrong…any suggestions etc…

Profile photo of Todd
    Todd
    Participant

Hi Mark
    I stopped in at the Blue Anchor not long ago. It was on brew day, and I spent quite a bit of time talking with the head brewer and the bar manager. Posted quite a few pictures on the previous club’s website, but not sure how to do that on the new site (probably to keep folks like me from doing such). If you have never been there, would be pleased to share them with you. Bet they would provide some insight into the malt bill for the beers you are asking about if we were to call them over Skype, especially if they knew we had visited. They also offered a braggot. Only one I’ve ever seen on tap in the UK.

While drinking there, I also had a nice long chat with a couple of representatives from Sharp’s. Was a nice afternoon overall, but had to limit myself as I was driving. Have you ever had the experience of driving on narrow lanes in Cornwall?

Todd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.